Offering five different types of hosting, plus domain registration and website builder, BigRock covers most hosting needs. Windows and Linux users will both find hosting options with plans that fit many budgets.
BigRock has a fully accessible knowledge base where users can quickly find answers to common issues. The customer support phone line and live chat options are available around the clock. Users are helped by fully qualified, dedicated tech support.
BigRock offers three main types of hosting: Shared hosting, Specialized hosting, and Reseller hosting.
- Windows programming languages supported: PHP v5, ASP, and ASP.NET v3.5
- Linux programming languages supported: PHP v5, PERL, Python, and CGI
- Unlimited* databases MySQL, MSSQL, Access
- 24 GB RAM
- Dual Quad Core Xeon Processors
- Highly redundant
- Unlimited* domains and email
- 24/7 support
- 99.9 percent uptime
- 30 day money-back guarantee(except VPS)
Windows shared hosting plans offer four levels of service: Pro, Business, Advanced, and Essential plans.
- Unlimited* space in all except Essential plan (10 GB)
- Unlimited* bandwith
- Unlimited* email addresses in all except Essential plan (200 addresses)
- Single domain with Essential and Advanced plans
- 5 domains with Business plan
- 10 domains with Pro plan
- 5 GB database space
- Plesk panel
Four shared hosting plans are also offered for Linux: Pro, Business, Advanced, and Starter. The benefits with each are a bit different from Windows plans, as well.
- Unlimited* space in all except Starter plan (10 GB).
- Unlimited* transfer
- Unlimited* email in all except Starter plan (200 addresses).
- Single domain with Starter and Advanced plans.
- 3 domains with Business plan
- Unlimited* domains with Pro plan
- Unlimited* MySQL databases, space included in webspace
- CPanel controls
WordPress, CMS, and e-commerce hosting are the three types of specialized hosting BigRock offers. Each has four pricing plans: Pro, Business, Advanced, and Starter.
- One-click installation of WordPress, Drupal, or Joomla with cPanel
- Unlimited* space, transfer, and email, except Starter plan
- 200 emails with Starter plan
- 10 GB space with Starter plan
- Single domain with Starter and Advanced plans
- 3 domains with Business plan
This type of hosting offers choice in OS. Each has four pricing tiers with different options.
- Free WHMCS billing system, except Essential plan
- Unlimited* Plesk/cPanel panel accounts
- Unlimited* MySQL & MS-SQL databases
- Unlimited* domains, email and FTP accounts
Windows plans are: Premium, Deluxe, Economy, and Essential.
- 100 GB, 50 GB, 25 GB, and 10 GB of space with corresponding pricing tiers
- 2000 GB, 1000 GB, 500 GB, and 200 GB transfer limit with corresponding pricing tiers
Linux reseller hosting are also called Premium, Deluxe, Economy, and Essential, but with different features.
- WHM control panel with private name servers
- 200 GB, 100 GB, 50 GB, 40 GB of space with corresponding pricing tiers
- 4000 GB, 2000 GB, 1000 GB, 800 GB transfer limit with corresponding pricing tiers
*When hosts describe anything as “unlimited,” it is typically boundless except in cases of abuse. A user may be charged a penalty or be required to subscribe to a more robust package if they are overburdening the servers.
BigRock’s fully managed VPS hosting has ten pricing plans, named V1 through V10.
- 99.9% uptime
- Enterprise level storage
- Dual Hex-Core Intel Xeon Processors
- 72 GB RAM & 250 GB Mirrored Hard Drives
- CPanel with many integrated features, like Apache, MySQL, PHP, and SSI
- CPUs range from 0.88 GHz to 11.73 GHz respective to pricing plan version
- RAM range from 512 MB to 8.5 GB respectively
- Disk space from 20 GB to 350 GB respectively
- Bandwidth from 500 GB to 6000 GB respectively
- Plans can be upgraded and downgraded at any time, instantly
- Wide range of pricing and service plans
- Money-back guarantee
- Many payment options
- 24 hour tech support
- Some of the entry level plans are very bare bones.
- Company is based in India, which may be a con for some users.
BigRock is among the class of hosts that offer basic needs for a low price. If your biggest concern is affordability, BigRock should make the list. If you need simple web building tools, they may miss the mark. Likewise, serious webmasters or companies with huge amounts of traffic may need to keep shopping.